Client: London Jewish Cultural Centre
Architect: McBains Cooper
Period: 48 weeks
This project involved the internal refurbishment to this detached property which provides a cultural centre for the local community in north London. The property was once the residence of Anna Pavlova, who lived at the property from 1912 to 1931.
Major structural alterations requiring temporary support allowed the opening up of the ground floor area for use either as a function room or three separate lecture rooms.
The first floor has been reconfigured to provide teaching and administration offices. The structure required tanking throughout the basement incorporating the Waterguard system. The property was completely refurbished with new mechanical and electrical installations, including comfort cooling and lift installation.